Dear readers and friends,
I did not write a Flamin’ Friday post yesterday, nor did I write one last week. But it was Christmas after all, and last night I was (for once!) writing on my novel, Into the Flames. But I feel you all deserve some words of finality as this year comes to its close. I feel like I should say something witty about Janus here, but I’ll probably just bungle it, so I won’t.
Anyway, I started off 2011 with a new blog site and a new resolution to read 55 books. The new blog has done pretty well, I suppose, but alas, I fell short of my reading goal by half its number (go here for my 2011 reading list). I started out strong, but as the months wore on, things just got really hectic. I haven’t even finished a book since September, although I’ve started many and then put them down. It’s already a week past Christmas and I haven’t even gotten a hundred pages into one of my Christmas books.
Well, let’s not dwell on what I didn’t accomplish this year.
- In 2011, I edited about 4 million words from 130 books for Tate Publishing.
- For Consortium Books I edited six novels and over a dozen short stories for an approximate total of 568,000 words (I think that’s rounding down).
- I moved from part time to full time at my job,
- almost finished a novel (less than 3k away!!),
- and got a short story published.
- I managed to wash dishes and laundry at least once a week for the entire year,
- I become a mom,
- and I enjoyed countless hours with family and friends.
So I guess, overall, I came out on top. Happy new year, everybody!